It suddenly hit me over the weekend. I think I’m on my way to becoming normal. Which is odd, because, well, I never used to be normal. I thought I was normal, but everybody thought different. Here are a few examples:
- I’m not working on my business as much as I used to (and not nearly as much as I should be, come to think of it).
- I’m watching football. I’m going to tailgate parties.
- I mow my lawn on a regular basis.
- I’ve just about stopped drinking caffeine. (dammit, I was good for a week and then Fred guilted me into having some)
- I’m playing pool a lot now (granted: I have a table in my basement now)
Not that these are bad things; they aren’t. But combined they make for a pretty scary realization… I’m not the oddest one in the room anymore. Probably not even close.
Damn. At least I was unique before.